Tuesday, May 17, 2022

No Condemnation For Those In Christ


" There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" -Romans 8:1

This verse has been the most liberating truth in my life. For those of us who struggle with any kind of mental illness, there is also a real struggle with feelings of guilt and condemnation. I know in my personal life I wrestle with this in my personal life. I believe that those of us who struggle with mental illness are more easily susceptible to falling into temptation. For instance, my illness makes it easier for me to fall prey to lust or even overspending. It is in these moments that I feel incredible guilt when I fall into these traps. Once this happens, it is easy for me to wallow in my own pity and despair. However, the Lord does not leave me here because He knew that I would fail. Psalm 103:14 tells us that "
For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust".  This means that God knows that we will fail and this is why He came in the form of a man so that He could take our punishment upon Himself. This is why the Apostle Paul can tell us in the above scripture that for those who are in Christ there is no condemnation! This is a glorious truth that should cause us to praise God. We will never be condemned no matter what we say or do because of what Christ has done on our behalf. Next time, your mental illness leads you into sin do not fret about it or despair just remind yourself about Romans 8:1 and then pick yourself up continue walking with your God! 

-David Lee Chu Sarchet 
Christian Mental Health Advocate


 For 24 hour peer support, please call the Christ-Centered Mental Health ministry line at 567-343-3727 or email me at christcenteredmentalhealth@gmail.com

Lydia Sarchet: mrssccmh@gmail.com
Britton Garleb: britaingabriel@protonmail.com
Joe Roman: Twiztedmembrain@gmail.com
Scott AKA Johnny Kangaroo: scottsoconmhs@outlook.com
Dwayne McLeod: psyconatics@gmail.com
Veronica Talbot: vtalbot747@gmail.com
Amber Williams: shayneedm18@gmail.com
Chuck Ward: wcw50@aol.com
Sarah Olivia: sarahjesseolivia@gmail.com
Amber Marie: amarie0193@gmail.com
Zachary Uram: Netrek@gmail.com
 Joseph McDermott: jpmlovesjesus@live.com

Roselyn Morgan  (Christian Counselor): RoselynMorgan53@yahoo.com 

Support The Christ-Centered Mental Health Ministry

To Make A One Time Donation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of The Biology of Sin By Dr. Matthew Stanford (Part 1)

  I have recently decided to do a blog series where I review a few chapters of this book titled "The Biology of Sin" written by Dr...