As you can most likely tell, I have been missing in action lately. I have not been posting blogs or videos in a long while. There are reasons for this too. The purpose of this blog is to give you all an update about how I currently am doing. Do not worry, I am perfectly fine! No aliens secretly have kidnapped me and put a probe in me! I just have had a lot on my plate currently and there are only so many hours in one day. I find myself scrambling just so I am able to get some of the things that I want done. I know that you all are wondering when I will get back to posting blogs and videos more frequently again and by God's grace it will be soon. I just need to figure out how to cram everything into one 24-hour period. I will be splitting this blog into four sections for my life update: Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, and Future. As you read what I have to say in these four categories, please think about how you can help me with either correction or encouragement. I want you all hold me accountable in the areas that I need to be held accountable and encourage me in all the areas that I need to be held accountable. Also, as you read this blog, please see this as an invitation to know what to be in prayer for me. As the scripture says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another". This blog is an open invitation for you to sharpen me as I walk with the Lord.
Physical
I have recently decided that I need to quit smoking, yet again. I say "again" because last year I went without smoking for three straight months without a single cigarette, but then for reasons unknown I ended up smoking again. I am really ashamed of myself for falling back into smoking again. However, recently the Lord placed it on my heart to quit again, but this time for good. God revealed to me how cigarettes are not doing anything for me, but they are literally burning a hole in my pocket. I do admit that I genuinely enjoy smoking, so when I am not smoking I feel like I am missing a close friend. However, that "Close friendship" is best described as Stockholm Syndrome! I must confess that this time around I went about five days without smoking, but then this morning I ended up buying a pack right before I went to work. I decided to pick myself back up and trust the Lord to guide me as I start my journey over. I know that I am not condemned by God and that He loves me with an undying love. Not only that, but God is sovereign and in complete control. As a result, this setback is not catching Him by surprise. He will get me out of this addiction and I will be able to bring Him glory and honor.
Also, I have currently been on a slew of psychiatric medications to help my Schizoaffective disorder. For those of you not familiar with psychology, Schizoaffective disorder is basically Schizophrenia and a mood disorder, such as Bipolar or Depression. In my case, I have Schizophrenia and Bipolar type 1. This means that in between my mood swings I can experience periods of psychosis, where I can get delusional or see and hear things that are not there in reality. The medication that I currently on are Zyprexa, Trilyptal, Seroquel, and Lamictal. These medication seem to be helping me out tremendously with very minimal side effects. The only significant side effect is my memory loss but I am not entirely sure where that is coming from. Does this mean that my medications have completely wiped out, or "cured", my mental illness? Not at all! I still struggle with my mood swings and psychosis, but they are much more manageable because of my medication. For that reason alone, I praise the Lord for His sovereign care.
Spiritual
As for my spiritual side, I have notice that lately I have gone back and forth from being "on fire" for God and being too complacently. What exactly do I mean by this? Well, first off, on most days I absolutely love studying the Word and studying His Word. I feel closest to Christ when I am digging deeper into His word, regardless of whether I am reading straight from the Bible or when I am studying theology that points me to God. However, I do admit that I have been studying theology far more than I have been studying His word. I know it should not be that way. I should literally thirst for His word just as if I was stranded in the desert and I desperately need water. Unfortunately, I have failed in this endeavor too many times for me to count.
Emotional
My emotions have pretty much been stable. Sometimes I am not sure if they are too stable, however. I say this because sometimes my emotions feel stagnant. I remember years ago I was on a certain medication that caused me to feel a "flat affect" where I did not think I could ever get angry or happy! I do not think that is what is going on now, though. The reason I say this is because while my emptions feel suppressed to a certain extent, I can still feel my emotions. When I am sad, I truly am sad. When I am angry or happy, I will be angry or happy in that moment. I fully understand why I need my medication and I know that I most likely need them for the rest of my life and I am truly fine with that too. However, I long for the day when either the Lord comes here or I go to Him because then I will truly be free.
Future
I do not think I eve spoke in depth about what I foresee in the future. Well, I am currently taking courses in Nouthetic counseling (aka Biblical Counseling), and I really am excelling in these courses, by God's grace. I know that this is complete 180 degrees from what I used to say against Biblical counseling. However, I now understand that I was in the wrong. Biblical counseling is the most effective way of addresses man's deepest need because it cuts straight to our hearts in order to expose our wickedness. Biblical counseling points people to the Savior who died and rose again for His elect individual. Jesus is our only hope in this life and the next. Right now, I am taking an online course for the Christian Counseling and Education Forum (CCEF). Once I get my certification, then my pastor is going to help m enroll in the ACBC so that I can get trained and get a deeper education in the field. I would love to become a biblical counselor one day, Lord willing.
As for the future of the CCMH ministry, I want to keep doing the interviews, but I need people to reach out to me. If you are a Christian who suffers from mental illness, please email me at christcenteredmentalhealth@gmail.com or call/text me at 567-343-3727 Also, if you are a mental health professional, secular or Christian, who would like to be interviewed, please feel free to contact me by the same method. I also would love to see the CCMH ministry branch off of the internet. I would love to see the CCMH ministry be able to open up a local Christian-based mental health recovery and peer support community center someday in the future. I would love to see this come to fruition even if it happens right before I breathe my last breath.
I would like to thank you for being willing to take the time to read this blog and if you have any prayer requests for me, please feel free to post them in the comments below. We should be in prayer for one another because we are all one in the body of Christ. Have a blessed day and go out and serve your King!
-David Lee Chu Sarchet
Christian Mental Health Advocate
Check out the CCMH Ministry Website
Check out the latest CCMH interview w/ Samantha Black
Sunday, August 16, 2026
Life Update 08/16/2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life Update 08/16/2026
As you can most likely tell, I have been missing in action lately. I have not been posting blogs or videos in a long while. There are reaso...
-
I recently had a very interesting conversation with one of my brothers-in-law about working for God or resting in His sovereign rule. As a...
-
Marriage is a difficult relationship to manage in life. The reason for this is that we are all sinners. When you get two sinners living to...
-
It has been a while since I last updated you all on my current status. Normally, I do these life updates in video format, so this is the f...
No comments:
Post a Comment